Prefab Projects Pty Ltd is an African Prefabricated building solutions company, with its Head Office in Port Elizabeth, South Africa. It was founded in late 2007 as Prefab Home and Office cc, and over the years has expanded to its current size with representative offices in Tete and Nacala (Mozambique) , Harare (Zimbabwe) and Port Louis (Mauritius).
We specialise in the provision of prefabricated modular solutions and structures for project accommodation camps and site establishments. We have successfully built a number of remote site camps and buildings in Africa, and we have an experienced team that can successfully consult, design, supply, erect and manage various types of camps, site establishments and projects.
Dependant on lead time we have the luxury of being able to supply prefabricated buildings, containers, flat pack containers, lightweight steel structures and fabricated steel structures, out of manufacturing facilities in South Africa or China. We are an agent for one of the world’s largest Prefabricated Building manufacturers in China and are therefore able to supply from small to large projects cost effectively.
We have successfully completed supply and erect projects in South Africa, Botswana, Ghana, Zimbabwe and Mozambique. We have also supplied units into Namibia, Angola, Kenya and Madagascar.
We pride ourselves in being able to offer our clients a turnkey solution when it comes to camp building, from design, to civils, to building works, services reticulation, steel structures and project management. We also have supply agreements to provide solutions for the logistics, facilities management and maintenance of camps successfully supplied and erected by ourselves.
Thanks to a clear vision and mission, we have been able to provide a personalised service to our clients and we retain a healthy relationship with most of them still to this day.
“To be the preferred contractor in the prefabricated building market”.
“ To consistently deliver affordable quality building services, on time, first time, every time, by operating in a safe and respectful manner, whilst adhering to our clients operational requirements and procedures”.
Prefab Projects Service Offerings
We offer a wide range of services and products to meet most enquiries and requests. These include the following –
- Design services – buildings and camps
- Consulting services – site identification, site planning, site and building design, project management.
- Supply of Prefabricated buildings, modular structures, flat pack containers, fully built and or reconditioned office containers, light weight steel structure buildings and fabricated steel structured buildings. We have also supplied tented camp options.
- Erection of supplied buildings – turnkey services are offered, earthworks, building and concrete work, building erection, plumbing and sewerage services, electrical work and landscaping.
- Steel structures – supply and erection of fabricated and stock steel structures for all types of industrial and commercial usages.
- Materials handling – we can manage the materials handling, stores, and stores process for you, during build and post build.
- Logistics – we can manage the complete logistics supply chain, including shipping, clearing, forwarding and transport.
- Facilities management and maintenance – we have a supply agreement with a Site Services company and a security company (Mozambique and SA) to provide this service for you post build.
- Plumbing, water provision, sewerage and storm water management – includes design, supply, implementation and management.
- Project Management of Prefabricated building projects
- Building work – for minor works, manholes, septic tanks, renovations and refurbishment, small to medium size buildings, swimming pools, walls etc.
Most Recent Major Projects
2010 – March to September 2010 – Moma Sands Expansion Project, Mozambique. Supply and erection project of a 250 to 300 man contractor’s camp for the phase 2 expansion of this project. Value $ 1.7 million. Client – EPC.
2011 – June to September 2011 – Ngezi Contractors camp, Zimbabwe. Supply and erection of a 150 man containerised camp for the Phase 2 expansion project at Ngezi. Value $ 750 000. Client: Basil Read Construction.
2012 – July to September 2012 – Green Resources Mozambique, supply and erect of warehouse and 3 houses for 3 forestry plantations in Nampula Province. Value $ 300 000. Client – Green Resources Mozambique.
2012/2013 – October 2012 to March 2013 – Turnkey project for the supply and erection of a 35 man camp in Moatize, Tete, Mozambique. Supplied an office complex, 18 two room bungalows, laundry and built a thatched brick and mortar dining/kitchen/recreation complex. Value – $ 700 000. Client – Minopex.
2013 – March to June – Small residents camp in Moatize, Tete. 20 man accommodation with a thatched brick and mortar dining and kitchen complex. Turnkey contract including fencing, sewerage, water provision, building work, electrical reticulation, erection, landscaping and swimming pool. Value – $ 400 000. Client – Advanced Fire.
2013 – APSD Ghana – Forestry Warehouse and accommodation, Ghana. Supply and supervisory contract for a warehouse and accommodation units. Value – $ 300 000. Client – APSD Forestry.
2013/2014 – September to January 2014 – Nacala Coal Terminal Project, Mozambique. Provision of a 300 man camp, site establishment, warehouse and off-site offices. Supply and erect project. Value – $ 2.6 Million. Client – Kentz Engineers and Contractors.
2014 – February to April 2014 – Piping phase camp – Nacala Coal Terminal Project, supply and erect of an extension camp to the initial 300 man camp.
Value – $ 300 000. Client – Kentz Engineers and Contractors.
2014 – April to December 2014 – Moatize Phase 2 expansion project, Moatize, Mozambique. Supply and erect of a 250 man camp, site establishment and off site offices and warehouse.
Value – $ 2.9 million. Client – Kentz Engineers and Contractors.
Policies and Procedures
- We are a registered company in South Africa – Prefab Project Pty Ltd – Registration number – 2012/212182/07 and a Value Added Tax entity – 4620263576
- We are a registered company in Mozambique – Prefab Projects Mozambique Limitada – Registration Number 100244918 and a Value Added tax entity – Nuit number 400318514
- We are a registered company in Mauritius – Prefab Home and Office Limited – Company registration number 104394 C1/Gbl. Tax Registration number 27 -099471/ZW/144/sb
- Our panels and structures are ISO 9001:2000 and ISO 14001:2004 certified and have been supplied to more than 80 countries internationally, by the manufacturer.
- In all projects we operate strictly to the SHE requirements of each client and or project area. These are diverse and change by project type and country.
- Risk Assessments are available for our type of construction and we can provide them on demand.
- South Africa – Prefab Projects Pty Ltd, 50 Shirley Street, Newton Park, Port Elizabeth, South Africa, 6045. Telephone – +27 (0) 41 3653044. Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mozambique – Prefab Projects Mozambique Limitada, Nacala el Velha, Nacala, and Tete Office, Moatize, Mozambique. Telephone – +258 844027899 or +258 848965618. Email – email@example.com